Honour our history
- AFD’s 60 years plus history is captured in the Visitor Centre at Wilson Airport. The centre is open to anyone who wishes to visit and learn about our rich history and the remarkable efforts of our founding fathers.
- We use satellite tracking to follow the aircraft in-flight and maintain regular contact with necessary stakeholders, ensuring everyone is kept up to date as much as possible, and alleviating unnecessary worry.
We go the extra mile
- Complex medical problems, logistical constraints, and the unusual environment of Africa all pose regular challenges for our staff. We work together to leverage collective skills and expertise to resolve issues and find solutions in the fastest possible way.
We go where no one else goes
- We put our patients at the heart of all our missions, no matter where they are. The challenging geography of Africa, regional conflict, cross-border operations, and bureaucracy means real resourcefulness and determination on behalf of the staff in order to reach those who need us.
Caring for the uncared
- Our charity flight program evacuates patients free of charge from the most remote regions in Kenya, flying them to medical facilities where they can receive medical care.
Maintain first class innovation
- We operate in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. Our continued investment in world-class equipment and training keeps us at the forefront of medical care and ensures the best possible outcomes for our patients.
We partner with others
- We work with Kenyan county governments and regional hospitals as well as community and other international partners, such as the Capital air ambulance, to deliver the best and fastest service to those who need us.